What is an Antivirus?
Antivirus is a software / computer software that functions as a computer protector from virus attacks. This antivirus will provide protection and security for the data and systems that are on the computer.
- The computer becomes very slow, this happens because the virus usually duplicates itself so that it fills the available space on the storage media.
- Existing data on the computer can not be opened, this happens because there are some files that are eaten by a virus.
- Data or files are hidden or hidden by a virus, usually a computer affected by a virus then the data affected by the virus will be hidden by the virus so that even though the data looks blank but after looking at the properties the size of the data is very large.
- The computer or laptop often restarts on its own,
- Many shortcut programs on a computer
- Missing files or data (usually files with the extension .exe)
What is the function of Antivirus?
The main function of Antivirus is to provide protection and security on computer data from virus attacks. So that computer users will feel safe and comfortable in storing their data.
Computer viruses usually spread through storage media such as flash drives and other devices, but viruses can also enter when we are browsing or accessing the internet. For that the user must update the antivirus more often.
Examples - Antivirus examples
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Trend Micro
- McAfee Secure